Yoga Workshop with Fran Gallo. Workshop Name: Strong.
For details, please contact Fran Gallo, Yoga Instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, January 28th.
3:00pm to 5:00pm.
SAC Members $25. Guests $35.
Yoga postures help us to become centered, flexible, and strong. This workshop will focus on yoga poses that build strength. We will practice the poses that help us gain strength (modifications will be suggested if needed) and reserve the last 15 minutes for deep relaxation (shavasana). All levels!
flexible posture, women's health, yoga, yoga workshop
Mind-Body Studio | Saturdays (see below for specific dates) | 2:00pm-4:30 p.m.
What is Feldenkrais?
The Feldenkrais Method® is based on principles of physics, biomechanics, and how the human nervous system adapts and develops. Specific exercises teach the body better ways to move, resulting in better posture, improved flexibility and balance, less pain, decreased stress, and an overall improved quality of life. This approach is highly complementary to any fitness program and is usually appropriate for all levels, ages, and abilities.
What should I bring/wear?
Please wear layers of clothing that you can move in. We will supply the mats, blankets, bolsters, and a demo skeleton. Peggy will be handouts and some “homework” materials.
When are the Workshops?
Improving Balance the Natural Way
- Saturday, November 5th | 2:00pm – 4:30pm
- Many factors can affect balance – injury, posture, age, or habit. Regardless of your physical condition, however, it is possible to improve your sense of stability and feel more “balanced” in your body. Using simple exercises, connect to your body’s natural ability to balance itself as you move with increased ease, grace, and flow. Get tips for applying what you’ve learned so you can access the freedom of better balance in a variety of activities.
Breathe Easy: Relax and Refresh for the Holidaze
- Saturday, December 3rd | 2:00pm – 4:30pm
- Take a breath and listen to your body. Enhance your enjoyment of life this season by reconnecting to your innate ability to feel relaxed and at ease in your body. Using gentle movements and breathing techniques, experience how your body can be an anchor during times of stress. Learn ways to apply these simple body-based practices to relax and refresh yourself at any time of day, whenever you need to.
Who is the instructor?
- Peggy Protz has studied and taught a wide range of movement and exercise techniques. She holds a BFA in dance, was a Pilates instructor for 15 years, trained in yoga and massage, and has been a Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner since 2001. Using the Feldenkrais Method, in addition to aspects of dance, pilates, and other modalities, Peggy helps people discover more pain free and comfortable ways of being in their body.
Is there a fee?
- Yes. The fee for each workshop is $40 for members, and $60 for guests of SAC.
What if I can’t make it?
- Then you can attend Peggy’s weekly Feldenkrais Class at the SAC, complimentary with your SAC membership! It’s in the Mind/Body studio, 9:15-10:15 every Friday. Drop in anytime!
For more information or to sign up, please contact Peggy Protz at email@example.com or Danielle Zack at firstname.lastname@example.org
More about the Feldenkrais Method:
(Better Movement for a Better Life Feldenkrais Method® changes how you live in your body)
Tired of a nagging sore neck, stiff hips, or a painful back? The Feldenkrais Method is a specialized approach that uses movement to improve physical comfort and enhance ease in living. Exploratory exercises are designed to improve flexibility, posture, and balance, leading to increased energy, faster recovery from injuries, and heightened athletic potential.
But what is it and how does it work? Developed by Israeli physicist and judo black belt Moshe Feldenkrais (1904-1984), the Method was first introduced in the United States in the early 1970s. Using principles of physics, biomechanics, experiential learning, and human development, it’s purpose is to awaken the body’s natural ability to move with efficiency, grace, and comfort…
To read more – (click here)
—— by Peggy Protz
Feldenkrais, November News & Events, October News & Events, September News & Events
age, flexible posture, habit, injury, posture, relax