Trick or Treating is for Our Kids Right?!
During the Halloween season we either have our own kids to take trick or treating or will have kids knocking at our doors dressed is scary costumes. This usually means our kids coming home with pillow cases full of candy and/or stocking up on candy to hand out to the cute little goblins. Inevitably this leads to us trying out our favorite candies because of their smaller size we do not worry too much about the calories (even if you eat 20) and their high saturated fats; there is so much around at this time of year that it is hard to avoid. Here are some Halloween candy tips to get you through our sweetest holiday without gaining any weight:
- Don’t have the candy bowl in sight, if we can see it, our mouth usually wants to eat it.
- Eat properly before you indulge, don’t come home from work and snack on candy because it’s there, do make a healthy snack first.
- Purchase candies that you don’t like, that way if temptation sneaks up on us, there is no reason to indulge. These usually include gummy textured candies and sour candies.
- Buy hard candies such as suckers, its takes more time to eat one and are usually lower in calories.
- If you must indulge, look for old fashion candies which are usually made of cane sugar and not high fructose corn syrup.
- If you must have your chocolate, take a look at the list below and choose ahead of time the one that you want to burn off the extra calories at the gym later (so choose the one with the lowest calories).
Here are the calories for some Halloween candies:
- Butterfinger – Fun Size 1 bar= 100 calories
- Hershey Chocolate Bar – Fun Size 1 bar=90 calories/ 5grams of fat
- M&M’s – Fun Pack 1 bags=90 calories
- Milky Way – 1 snack size bar = 90 calories
- Almond Joy – 1 snack size bar = 90 calories
- Snicker’s – Fun Size 1 bars=80 calories
- Reese’s Cup – 1 cup=80 calories
- Twix – Fun Size 1 bar= 80 calories
- Milky Way – Fun Size 1 bars=75 calories
- York Peppermint Pattie – 1 pattie=70 calories
- Nestle’s Crunch – Fun Size 1 bars=70 calories
- Tootsie Pop – 1 pop = 60 calories
- SweetTarts – 1 treat size pkg. = 50 calories
- Kit Kat – Fun Size 1 bars=50 calories
- Twizzlers – 1 treat size pkg= 45 calories
- Peanut M&M’s – Fun Pack 1 bags=40 calories
- Milk Duds – 1 treat size box = 40 calories
- Tootsie Roll – 1 small roll = 13 calories