Hey swimmers, it’s time for another Postal Swim! Seattle Athletic Club Downtown is hosting their annual One Hour Postal Swim (OHP) on January 29th.
- *Swim as far as you can in one hour
- *No need to count laps (someone else does that for you)
- *Submit your laps and splits to USMS (United States Masters Swimming)
- *Gradually increase overall yardage in a session. Approx 10-20% based on the amount you have been swimming.
- *Gradually increase overall yardage in a week. Approx 5-10%
- *Get in 1-3 sessions totaling your estimated yardage you have set out to reach in the hour.
- *Frequency is more important over total volume in a session so swim often. 4×15-30 minute sessions are better than 1 session at 1 or 2 hours.
- *Join in on a swim conditioning class at Seattle Athletic Club to mix up your routine and to meet fellow OHP swimmers.
Rules and Regulations here: www.usms.org
Contact Teresa Nelson at email@example.com to sign up.