Hawaii 70.3 Triathlon – SAC Athlete Results
On Saturday, June 4th Seattle Athletic Club was represented in Kona, Hawaii at the Hawaii 70.3 triathlon. The course consisted of a 1.2 mile ocean swim, a 56 mile bike ride on the Ironman championship course with the winds and heat delivering as always, and a 13.1 mile run through the Mauna Lani golf course with a spectacular view of the ocean.
Each athlete trained and worked hard utilizing the coaches, the swim conditioning, cycle class, pilates lessons, and massage therapist at the SAC. Congrats to the following members/employees:
- Bridget Jones – 5:05 and 5th in her division qualifying her for the Vegas World 70.3 championships.
- Mark Webb – 4:46 for his fastest 70.3 to date and a great lead-up to Ironman CDA in just a few short weeks.
- Tom Camp – 6:11. So much stronger with more experience going into the race this year!
- Amanda Camp – Had an amazing performance dropping time in all three disciples from the previous year and landing herself a finish time of 6:38.
- Kirsten Nesholm – Broke 6 hours with fantastic overall performance with a finish time of 5:50.
- Bri Cooper – Stayed strong and positive after switching out 3 flats in the heat of Hawaii. Way to finish proudly! 6:48 (and with 42 minutes of flat tires).
- Karissa Lackey- Had an amazingly quick swim and bike! Finishing in 6:11.
If you are interested in training with a team or individual coaching please contact Teresa Nelson for more information.