As the weather finally (at least we think…) starts to take a turn for the better, the local multisport and running race season commences! The first weekend in May brought the first multisport race of the season for many athletes racing in the PNW, as well as half marathon and marathon mania! It was a jam packed race weekend as SAC members participated in events from Vancouver Canada all the way down to California! With plenty of races came plenty of stellar SAC member performances!
Check out the what and where your fellow SAC friends have been racing!!!
4/30: Wildlfower Long course Triathlon, CA
A tough and challenging half iron distance course (1.2mile swim/56mile bike/13.1mile) with lots of hills and trail running thrown into the mix! Not only that, but what makes this race so unique is the fact that participants have to camp pre-race because it is nestelled in the middle of now where!!! What can we say, it adds to the “charm” and comraderie of the race!
- Mark Webb – (OA: 5:15:35; 31:40swim/2:55:36bike/1:44:42run) A super race preping for Ironman Couer D’Alene!
- Genevieve Priebe – (OA: 7:32:38; 41:32swim/3:51:39bike/2:46:52run) Her first triathlon ever and tackled a half iron!
5/1: Mt. Rainier Duathlon, Enumclaw WA.
A short course or long course option duathlon of super challenging porportions in the name of a huge climb called Mud Mtn. Dam in which the long course participants had to tackle twice!
Short course: (1.6mile run/14.4mile bike/3.8mile run)
- Karen Jones – (OA: 1:42:30; 13:38run/52:03bike/32:55run) Getting the first race jitters our before HONU 70.3!
- Bri Cooper – (OA: 1:39:47; 13:16run/51:14bike/33:13run) Super effort all around!
- Teresa Engrave – (OA: 1:50:25; 13:37run/56:16bike/36:15run) Nice and solid race!
Long course: (5.1mile run/28.8mile bike/3.8mile run)
- Vicki Boivin – (OA: 2:34:06; 37:10run/1:29:19bike/25:32run) 2nd overall female!
- Amanda Camp – (OA: 3:19:35; 47:36run/1:51:32bike/36:15run) Pushed it till the end!
- Tom Camp – (OA: 3:02:41; 41:13run/1:46:13bike/32:32run) Shaved 8+min off of his time from last year!
- Ann Sloan – (OA: 3:28:08; 53:20run/1:52:15bike/38:20run) CDA Ironman watch out!
- Bridget Jones – (OA: 2:36:09; 37:28run/1:29:19bike/27:23run) 3rd overall female!
5/1: Vancouver Half and Full Marathon, Vancouver Canada
A beautiful and scenic half marathon through the city and Stanley Park!
- David Landers – (1:47:32) A personal best on a “fun” training run, not bad!
- Patricia Nakamura – (4:05:06) A super effort gearing up for Ironman Canada later this summer.
5/1: Eugene Half Marathon, Eugene OR:
A fast and fun course!
- Elizabeth Martin – (1:39:42) A fantastic result and a personal best!
5/1: Tacoma City Half Marathon:
A scenic city run with great support and cheer!
- Chuck Cathey – (1:41:54) A stellar run that landed him 3rd in his division!
If you see any of these athletes roaming around the club feel free to give them a big high-five for their awesome efforts!
If you are interested in learning more about what the SAC has to offer in both multisport racing and running, please contact: Running Coach Bridget Jones-Cressmen