Squash is a game that offers something for everyone. At Seattle Athletic Club you’ve never experienced squash like this before with fun for the social player as well as the highly competitive. Known worldwide for hosting national and international competitions and home to many champion players, Seattle Athletic Club Downtown is most proud of our 500 plus squash playing members. Our squash facilities include eight international-size courts, including a glass competition court.
Tatu is a European Squash Federation (ESF) Level 3 Coach (the top level available in Europe) and has a long history of coaching and playing at the national and international level.
Tatu began his squash career as junior player and part of the Finnish National youth squad. He then moved to the Netherlands in 1999 to practice at a higher level while starting to develop his credentials as a coach. In the following years, he played in the Dutch Premier League in teams with world renowned players such as David Palmer, Anthony Ricketts, and Olli Tuominen among others. He also represented the Finnish National Team during those years.
His credentials as a coach include: Coach of Elena Wagemans, Dutch Champion (U-19) (2014); Coach of Radboud University which he led to the Dutch Student National Championship (2013); Coach to Squash Apeldoorn, a club which he led to the Dutch Premier League Championship (2004-2008).
His credentials as a player include: Member of the Finnish National Team for five years (2002-2006); Over 6 years as a player in the Dutch Premier League where he qualified 4 times for the Playoffs (as a captain and player) (2000, 2006, 2007 and 2008). More than 20 years ranked in the Top-20 in both Finland and the Netherlands (1995-2016); 2 times Finnish Men’s Club Team National Champion (1994, 2005); and Dutch Champion mixed competition (2003).
Annelize brings 30 years of experience to the club, including playing as a professional from 1996-2010. Born in South Africa, she went on to represent South Africa as a junior and senior in both World Open Championships and Commonwealth Games. After completing her Bachelor's degree in South Africa she moved to the Netherlands to train under the watchful eye of former World no.2, Liz Irving. In 2002 she changed nationalities to be included in the Dutch National Olympic Committee’s Elite program which gave her the chance to develop her career to the maximum.
Annelize reached a highest world ranking of 13, won 3 National titles and 5 PSA international titles. She was also part of the Dutch National team that won the European Team Championships in 2010.
Prior to arriving in Seattle, she was the assistant coach at the Heights Casino in Brooklyn, NY for 3 years, squash manager at Spa Zuiver Club in Amsterdam and owner of Orange Squash Events responsible for running various events in the Netherlands.
When she isn’t on the squash court she spends time as a DJ and audio engineer, surfing, biking and any fun outdoor activity.
- Friday | 11:00am – 12:00pm Intermediate
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Beginners
Cost $25 per player
Round Robin League
- Tuesdays | 7:30pm - 10:00pm
Round Robin League:
- Open Round Robin – Monday & Wednesday | 5:30pm - 8:00pm
- Beginners Round Robin - Thursday | 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- Boxes of 5 players each, which translates to 4 matches per round.
- Schedule the matches at your own convenience. You will receive the contact details of the players in your box by e-mail.
- Matches are the best of 5 games.
- All matches for each round has to be completed and all results handed in by assigned date. The top 2 players in each pool will move up and the bottom 2 players will move down.
- The winners of each box will go into a lucky draw to win a free squash lesson!
- Cost is $20 per participant.
- Protective eyewear must be worn at all times on our doubles court
Seattle Squash Academy
Basic squash skills, hand-eye coordination, footwork and fun by our pro's.
Saturdays and Sundays 9:30-10:30
Cost $30 walk-in for members and non-members
Summer Squash Camp 2017
Summer Squash Camp 2018
CAMP DATES: June 25th - 29th.
Registration at 5:00 pm on Sunday, June 24th. (for overnight campers)
The camp will end at 1:00 pm on Friday, June 29th.
Registration deadline: June 5th.
$1250 overnight campers. Price includes:
- Full camp
- 5 nights accommodation
- 3 meals a day
- Some sightseeing activities, i.e Space Needle
$600 day campers. Price includes:
- Full camp (10:00am - 5:00pm)
- lunch every day
Located in the heart of Seattle, just steps away from the historic Pike Place market, the Seattle Athletic Club offers a world-class sports and fitness center with none of the attitude. The program includes educational sessions on all the various aspects of the game for lifelong success within our sport.
- Technical sessions
- Tactical sessions
- Movement sessions
- Core and stability
- Off court cross training i.e Basketball, Softball doubles, Swimming, Badminton, Boxing training, Spinning.
- Mental training
- Video analysis
- Mike Johnson, coach of several World Champions including Sarah Fitzgerald.
- Annelize Naude, former World number 13.
- Tatu Murronmaa, European Squash Federation Level 3 coach.
- Zane Lowdermilk, former US u/17 national champion.
- Jason Anderson, Personal Fitness Trainer | Level 3.
Check the Squash Bulletin Boards, Club Monthly Newsletter, Club Events Page for all current tournament information.
US Squash Junior Silver Tournament. Enter through www.ussquash.com/tournaments
- Tournament name: Seattle Athletic Club Junior Silver Tournament
- Dates: 06/08/2018 - 06/10/2018
- BU11 Singles
- BU13 Singles
- BU15 Singles
- BU17 Singles
- BU19 Singles
- GU11 Singles
- GU13 Singles
- GU15 Singles
- GU17 Singles
- GU19 Singles
Late Tournament Entry is after 6/01/18 at 12:00pm, NOON PST at $120*
*Includes a non-refundable $10 processing charge per entrant.
- NO REFUNDS will be issued to players who withdraw from the main draw after the regular entry deadline.
- All players MUST be current US Squash members.
- Please read through the?Junior Rules, Guidelines, and Timelines for all policies governing Junior Accredited Tournaments.
- All players who withdraw after 12:00pm, NOON in the time zone of the tournament, on the Monday prior to the start of the tournament, will receive a ranking penalty as described in the Junior Rules, Guidelines, and Timelines.
National Women's Squash Day
Squash Doubles Tournament 2018
Seattle Open 2017
Seattle Open 2018
Individual squash lessons are available. Availability is dependent on current schedule openings.
Squash Court Policies and Schedule
Here at the Seattle Athletic Club we want to ensure that all members have an equal opportunity to enjoy our facilities. As such we need to ask that all members abide by the following set of policies and procedures.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance.
- Squash Attire. Playing clothing for men shall consist of a short-sleeved shirt, shorts, socks and non-marking playing shoes. Playing clothing for women shall consist of a shirt worn with a skirt or shorts, or a dress, socks and non-marking playing shoes. No cut-offs, jeans, slacks, black-soled our shoes worn outdoors are allowed.
Eye-protection is highly recommended.
- Courts may not be reserved for individual play during listed prime time hours. Prime time hours are Monday through Friday, 11:15 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., and 4:45 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Members may only play once a day during prime time hours. Once a member has played during prime time, whether at noon or in the evening, he/she is not permitted to play again that day during prime time, even if a court is empty.
- Two names are required to book a court. Members may reserve courts two days in advance; beginning at 9:30 am. Same day reservations may be made at any time. Only one court may be reserved per phone call and members may only make reservations for themselves and their partner (required to reserve court). Members in the club may make reservations at this time from any house phone.
- One court reservation is allowed per member per day, with a maximum of two single-day reservations active.
- Playing in the Round Robin represents playing during prime time. Therefore participants in Round Robin cannot make additional bookings during that same day (see above).
- A player may participate in either the A/B Round Robin or the C/D Round robin, but not in both over the course of a single week.
- Youth squash members (15 or younger) must not book courts after 5:30pm.
- A $5 “no-show” fee will be charged to members who fail to check in for reserved courts, or cancel less than two hours prior to the reserved time. If there is any question over a court cancellation, the member who made the reservation will be held responsible.
- Court appointments that have not checked in prior to the 45-minute block may be given away after 15 minutes. The court is then available to others on a non-reserved, first-come, first-served basis.