We just finished up a month of accepting donations for the Seattle Feline Rescue.
We were able to raise just over $500 for their organization; along with donations which totaled:
- 160 cans of cat food
- 2 tubs of cat toys
- 5 boxes of zip lock bags
- 4 bags of dry cat food
- 2 bottles of dish soap
- 2 tubs of catnip
- 4 bags of cat treats
The Feline Rescue was so very grateful for the donations and had this to say:
“We are so grateful to SAC for hosting the rescue and to all the members for their generosity. This fundraiser will make such a difference to cats and kittens in need! Nicki, our Volunteer Coordinator, was just mentioning to me that we need to recruit more volunteers to help the kitties. She will be thrilled to receive names of interested members. Thank you so much!”
Thank you to all the employees and members who made our first charity for animals a huge success.
August News & Events
donations, Recap, Seattle Feline Rescue
Month of June
Support a local non-profit, no-kill rescue which takes in homeless cats and kittens, and finds them good homes.
Kitten season is upon us and there is a large need for supplies and toys.
Seattle Feline Rescue:
- Specializes in saving the lives of homeless cats and kittens
- Found loving homes for 987 kitties last year!
- Takes in animals from shelters who cannot find them homes, and from owners who can no longer keep them
- Has a special campaign for “less adoptable” cats
- Have 80 active volunteers and a network of foster families
Their mission: to save the lives of homeless, neglected and at-risk cats and kittens by spaying and neutering, by providing a refuge and rehabilitation, and by finding felines permanent, stable homes.
During the busy kitten months the Feline Rescue is in need of these items:
- Canned food: helps give kitties pills and also is given to sick kitties
- Cat toys wider than 1.75 inches like ping pong balls (so they don’t fall through the openings in the enclosure).
- New kitten supplies: kitten bottles, scales, formula.
- Cleaning supplies: ziplock bags, dawn dish soap, garbage bags, etc.
- Monetary donations are used to find felines permanent, stable homes.
Here’s a link to the full wish list: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/?ie=UTF8&cid=A39F5VCNNJQU0H
Feline rescue is a 501c3 non-profit and can issue a tax receipt for cash or check donations (if you provide your name and contact info with the donation)
For more information, please contact our Fitness Director, Jacob Galloway, at email@example.com.
June News & Events
cats, kittens, non-profit, Seattle Feline Rescue, supplies, toys