Sox Hop Disco Party
to benefit SUS Educational Program as we are the official nonprofit partner of Seattle Athletic Clubs
November 5th | 8:00pm-late
- Ages 21 and over only!
- Come join us for dancing and fun
- Beer, Wine & Non-alcoholic Beverages provided
Please note: No hard soled shoes or heeled shoes please!
- Tickets are: $30 – Includes 1 drink
*All donations to Seattle Urban Squash, including raffle tickets, are fully tax-deductible
Cost includes food, alcohol, and music! Tickets can be purchased online by going to www.seattlesquash.org, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or at either of the Seattle Athletic Clubs. ( I will have these tickets to you within the next few weeks).
Seattle Urban Squash is a nonprofit organization based in Seattle, WA that aims to combat inequality in education and narrow the achievement gap between poor and wealthy schools. Our donors and volunteers provide free academic tutoring, squash training, and service learning to a select group of youth from underserved communities in the Seattle area, with the goal of ensuring high school graduation and creating pathways to college. These programs help our students develop confidence, study habits, discipline, work ethic, athletic skills, fitness expertise, and positive social connections.
Our program also aims to reduce obesity in children and teens by promoting healthy eating and frequent exercise. We are proud to be part of the burgeoning sports-based youth development movement in the US, and are unique in that movement due to our dual focus on both academic development through tutoring and sports training.
Our Mission: “To offer a group of underprivileged students year-round intense squash instruction, academic tutoring and community service so that they recognize and fulfill their potential in life as students, athletes and citizens.”
Our Vision: “Impact the lifelong health and wellness of students through commitment, diligence, resilience, integrity and team-work.”
Our Goals: Aim for 100% high school graduation and create pathways to 4-year college.
Thanks to our donors:
In 2013-14 season…
- SUS achieved an increase from 12% to 63% of students who exceed grade level in reading;
- 78% of our students met or exceeded typical growth in math;
- We averaged 95% attendance over 250 hours of practice, 3 community service projects, and 4 field trips.
In our 2014-15 season…
- All 3 SUS 6th graders achieved above a 3.0 core GPA at the end of their first year of middle school;
- Increase from 1.4 and 2.2 in the first semester
In our 2015-16 season
- All SUS middle school participants raised their math average by 37%
- All SUS students achieved a 3.0 or higher in specific areas of struggle
- We averaged 98% attendance over 250 hours of practice, community service projects and 3 field trips.