You may be seeing a lot of swimmers in the pool with a snorkel lately. The benefits are tremendous! Everyone should be training with one.
Benefits of training with a snorkel:
- Allows the swimmer the ability to focus solely on stroke technique
- Eliminates interruptions of turning head to breathe
- Increases V02 max
- Increase arm turnover
- Swimmer is able to relax in the water not having to worry about “getting air” or gulping water.
- Helps swimmer aim for perfect technique while remaining horizontal (Allowing for great body balance, head position, rotation, hand entry, catch, etc.).
- Sometimes a nose clip is needed when beginning with a snorkel to prevent water from entering the nose
- Eliminates having to worry about getting oxygen
- Able to practice repeated movements correctly over and over, leading to a properly learned and executed stroke
For more information, or if you have questions about swimming or multisport training, please contact Teresa Nelson