Starting Position: Sit on the floor facing the chair, weight just back of sit-bones. Place your feet on front edge of chair with legs together. Arms long, reaching forward, palms on raised pedal. Shoulders down and stabilized.
- Inhale; Prepare. Exhale; Nod your chin, increase spinal flexion to maintain C-curve. Engage abdominals as you press the pedal down (arms can be slightly bent).
- 2. Inhale; Lift the pedal back up with control, keep abs engaged. Lengthen the spine and release the pedal. Exhale.
- 3. Repeat 3-5 times.
Head to Toe Checklist:
- Maintain scapular stabilization to avoid neck, arm or shoulder tension
- Keep abdominals engaged throughout exercise
- Keep arms in same position relative to torso so the pedal is depressed by abdominals, not by pushing with the arms
Modifications: Sit on a foam cushion or platform extender to decrease gripping in hips.