Benefit: To develop abdominal control, scapular stabilization and strengthen shoulder girdle. This exercise is 100% Powerhouse, making it difficult to perform. A trained professional must spot throughout exercise.
Starting Position: Face the pedal and place the palm of your hands on the edge of the chair with fingertips hanging off. Step 1 foot on the pedal to press it down, step the other foot on. Glue your heels together and lift so you are balancing on your tip toes.
- Inhale; Keep scapulae stable and round the truExnk in a Pike position, scooping your abs. Float your head between your shoulders.
- Exhale; with Powerhouse strength, lift pelvis up towards ceiling allowing weight to shift into hands. For 3 counts, lift pedal higher to top of its range.
- Inhale; lower pedal down with control. Bring pedal just above base (not quite to the floor), maintain the pike position.
- Complete 3-5 reps, lower pedal all the way down. Step 1 foot left; then the other, not letting the pedal rebound.
Head to Toe Checklist:
- Maintain scapular stabilization to avoid sinking through shoulders
- Keep head aligned with spine, think of dropping top of head toward floor
- Stabilize around shoulders and through arms to avoid losing control
- Don’t let your body rock or your hips move from side to side
Imagine your are floating upward – levitating.
Omit the 3 count pulses.