Sometimes you just need to get a good quick workout in! Practice your form and get your cardio done in 40 minutes!
Power Treadmill workout when you’re in a rush but still want to get better!
3 phases each last 10 minutes. You should push yourself just beyond your limit each time. Repeat this workout multiple times increasing your speed and effort so that you constantly improve! You would be amazed at what even 40 minutes can do to benefit you!
- Warm up to a run… The speed of the treadmill is as follows:
From 4:00 minutes on, increase your speed gradually so that you finish 1 mile in under 10 min total.
- Step off the belt and increase your incline to 7%.
- Increase your speed to 5.5-9.0 mph (gage your fitness level).
- Sprint on incline for 30 seconds then rest for 30sec-1min continuously for the next 10 minutes. (If over the course of the 10 minutes you start to fade adjust your speed accordingly but don’t give up!)
- Push yourself and make sure your strides are long and drive off the balls of your feet!
- Step off the belt and increase your treadmill to 10% incline.
- Decrease your speed to 3.6-4.5 (gage your fitness level) and walk on incline for 2 minutes, taking nice long strides.
- Turn around and back pedal on the treadmill for 1 minute staying on the balls of your feet at a fast walk or light jog.
- Repeat the walk and back pedal for the next 10 minutes.
Walk for 5 min at 0% incline and 3.0-3.5 mph!