Kerry’s Kitchen Recipe: Rainbow Chard, Kale, Beet and Carrot Ribbon Salad.
Our April guest chef was Kerry Jean-Francois who presented seasonal salads to our members and guest. The Kale and Beet salad was one of the favorites of the night.
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard
- 1 bunch Purple Kale
- 1 bunch Green Kale
- 1 c. Red Cabbage, chiffonade, rinse in cold water
- 1 ea. Red Beet, medium dice
- 1 ea. Golden Beet, medium dice
- 2 ea. Carrot, peeled and cut in half width wise
- 2 TB Sunflower seed (roasted – shelled)
- 2 TB Pine nuts
- 4 TB Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven: 400 F
- Rinse and wrap beets in foil, place on sheet pan – roast ~ 40 – 50 min til tender.
- Using potato peeler, peel carrot into ribbons.
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 TB Garlic, fresh, chopped fine
- ½ tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ c. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Tarragon, fresh, chopped
- In small saute pan, toast garlic – remove reserve.
- In small jar with lid, combine Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil – shake until emulsified.
- Add Tarragon to vinegar-oil jar with garlic and shake until well blended.
Final Preparation Direction:
Combine all ingredients and toss with vinaigrette.